Oh, the horrors, you say.
Yep, the time has come. You can’t avoid it anymore.
You have to invest in social media as part of your “SEO strategy”, and if you don’t, it will affect your ranking on Google. I (and just about any other Social Media Strategist worth their salt) have been saying it for a while now: traditional keyword-based SEO, is on its way out.
…and hopefully, taking with it some of the naffest stock images known to man:
Turns out I was right.
…and have been chomping at the bit to deface that image with outlined Impact.
You’re not the boss of me, Internet.
Where was I?
Oh yes. You may not be aware, but Google have recently revamped their algorithms to:
- move beyond keyword search, into a more contextual, conversational one;
- encryption of keyword data and closed access to keyword research (a tool commonly used by SEOs to find the optimal word choices for organic search.)
What does this mean?
Well, it means that traditional SEO techniques, in isolation, are becoming less effective. Google’s algorithms are getting smarter, and the only way to maintain your position?
- Create relevant content that people want to read.
- Create engaging content, that people want to talk about.
- Answer questions. All of them. Even the uncomfortable ones.
- Ask questions and listen to the answers.
- Have a social media presence.
- Post regularly.
- Be shareable.
And yeah, if you don’t, you’re probably going to have a drop a bundle on Adwords (paid Google advertising) to keep up with your competitors, who are. Well, the smart ones, anyway. 🙂
Of course, I can help with that. 🙂