The Internet turned 16 yesterday.
I thought this was kind of appropriate. When I think about “the internet”, I can certainly liken it to a 16 year old:
- It is often a place of mystery and bemusement for older generations;
- it tends to attract predators, bullies and weirdoes who just want to look at teenage boobs;
- it is often hard to understand the language it sp33ks;
- it doesn’t work when you want it to;
- its still not sure what it wants to do when it grows up; and similarly
- it is at a crossroads in its life where it can really go either way.